Programa de Pós-Graduação em Estatística (PPGE)
Universidade Federal de Pernambuco – UFPE - is a leading Brazilian public university. UFPE began its activities over 70 years ago, in 1946.
The Postgraduate Program in Statistics (PPGE) of Universidade Federal de Pernambuco began its activities in 1996. Our Graduate Program (Master and PhD degrees) is qualified at level 5 by the Brazilian Federal Agency for the Support and Evaluation of Graduate Education (CAPES), and is consistently ranked as one of Brazil’s top institutions. It covers almost all subareas of Statistics. Currently PPGE counts with 21 faculty members and 2 admin staff.
Advisors in Alphabetical Order
- Aldo Willian Medina Garay, Doutor, USP, 2015
- Alejandro César Frery Orgambide, Doutor, INPE, 1993
- Abraão David Costa do Nascimento, Doutor, UFPE, 2012
- Alex Dias Ramos, Doutor, UFPE, 2007
- Audrey Helen Mariz de Aquino Cysneiros, Doutora, USP, 2004
- Betsabé Grimalda Blas Achic, Doutora, USP, 2010
- Cristiano Ferraz, Ph.D., Iowa State University, 2004
- Fernando Antônio Figueiredo Cardoso da Silva, Ph.D., New York University, 1968
- Francisco Cribari Neto, Ph.D., University of Illinois, 1994
- Francisco José de Azevêdo Cysneiros, Doutor, USP, 2004
- Gauss Moutinho Cordeiro, Ph.D., Imperial College, 1982
- Getúlio José Amorim do Amaral, Ph.D., University of Nottingham, 2004
- Klaus Leite Pinto Vasconcellos, Ph.D., University of Warwick, 1993
- Leandro Chaves Rêgo, Ph.D., Cornell University, 2006
- Manoel José Machado Soares Lemos, Ph.D., University of Oxford, 1988
- Manoel Raimundo de Sena Junior, Doutor, Unicamp, 1997
- Maria Cristina Falcão Raposo, Doutora, UFPE, 2000
- Maria do Carmo Soares de Lima, UFPE, 2015
- Patrícia Leone Espinheira Ospina, Doutora, USP, 2007
- Raydonal Ospina Martínez, Doutor, USP, 2008
- Renato J Cintra, Doutor, UFPE, 2005
- Valéria Bittencourt firstname.lastname@example.org
- Raphael Botelo email@example.com
The Graduate School in Statistics at UFPE offers programs leading to the master's and doctoral degrees. The Program counts with 21 faculty members with PhD degree, well-equipped research laboratories covering the most important areas in Statistics, a modern library system, wireless network throughout the campus and an excellent atmosphere for learning and research. Since 1996, over 154 Masters and 20 PhDs have graduated at PPGE-UFPE.
- Análise Multivariada
- Estatística Computacional
- Estatística Matemática
- Estatística Não Paramétrica
- Modelos Lineares Generalizados
- Processamento de Sinais e Imagens
- Séries Temporais
- Teoria Assintótica
- Teoria da Regressão
- Teoria dos Jogos
- Estatística Espacial
- Modelos com erros nas variáveis
- Análise de Sobrevivência
How to apply
Applicants to our program should visit the page on our admission process and follow the given instructions.
Scholarships and Grants
Since UFPE is a public university, there are no tuition fees (all expenses are covered by the Brazilian Government). Hence, the program is free to all admitted students, including foreign ones.
In addition, students enrolled in the Graduate Program in Statistics may receive a scholarship from CAPES — Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior, CNPq — Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico, or from other governmental agencies, according to availability.
PPGE receives a quota of scholarships from each agency and distributes them among students according to the criteria established by the Graduate Committee. Candidates who intend to enroll as full-time students will have priority for receiving scholarships from the Program.
The duration of scholarships is 24 months for Masters students and 48 months for PhD students.
Candidates from developing countries can also apply for scholarships available through the CAPES PEC-PG program. More information on how to apply and the list of participant countries can be found here.
Supervisors may have scholarships obtained through projects funded by CNPq, FACEPE or by companies. The supervisors manage such scholarships independently
Financial aid to support participation in scientific events.
PPGE provides financial support to (partially) cover the expenses of students presenting papers in scientific events in Brazil and abroad. Information about how to obtain this kind of support can be found on our webpage.
Our e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the International Cooperation web page you find information for VISA, Student Assistance (Accommodation, Food, Transport, Currency Exchange), Application procedure, Course registration, etc.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)